Re: Unhandled exception in PGAdmin when opening 16-million-record table

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Unhandled exception in PGAdmin when opening 16-million-record table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This one aught to be good!

The tool is after all called "pgAdmin" rather that say "pgBrowser".

I think you have a "teaching opportunity" here. There is a feature for
getting the first N rows that might help (a lot).  There is
query-by-example as well.

I can't really imagine the value of being able to look at all 16M
records in one list.

Not saying this excuses the crash necessarily or more importantly the
poor error message.  One might find a stack trace in the system error log?