Re: What is "return code" for WAL send command

От Fredric Fredricson
Тема Re: What is "return code" for WAL send command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
  On 10/23/2010 02:01 PM, zhong ming wu wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a master PG 8.1.11 sending WAL files to a cold-standby using rsync
>
> For some reason it failed recently with "return codes 32512" and I
> couldn't find this num. as a valid rsync exit code
>
> During the time that the error was going on I tried the rsync command
> manually and didn't error

I guess you have fallen into the common pitfall that cron does not read
bash ini files and does not set the $PATH variable. If you want your
scripts to be run by cron you must make them independent of $PATH and
other variables set by .bashrc etc.

My $.02.
/Fredric

> Can someone tell me what kind if error is 32512
>
> Thanks
>
> Mr. Wu

Вложения

От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: Getting ROW_COUNT from MOVE in 8.3
От: David W Noon
Сообщение: Re: What is "return code" for WAL send command