Re: What is "return code" for WAL send command

От David W Noon
Тема Re: What is "return code" for WAL send command
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:49:02 +0200, Fredric Fredricson wrote abour Re:
[GENERAL] What is "return code" for WAL send command:

>  On 10/23/2010 02:01 PM, zhong ming wu wrote:
[snip]
>> For some reason it failed recently with "return codes 32512" and I
>> couldn't find this num. as a valid rsync exit code
>>
>> During the time that the error was going on I tried the rsync
>> command manually and didn't error
>>
>I guess you have fallen into the common pitfall that cron does not
>read bash ini files and does not set the $PATH variable. If you want
>your scripts to be run by cron you must make them independent of $PATH
>and other variables set by .bashrc etc.

One can also specify environment variables at the top of the crontab.
This overcomes the issue of cron jobs not reading /etc/profile and
other start-up scripts that are processed by a normal login shell.  For
example, here is my personal crontab:

# Establish environment variables.
JAVA_HOME='/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm'

PATH="/home/dwn/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/opt/bin:/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm/bin:/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm/jre/bin"
TMPDIR='/tmp'
HOME='/home/dwn'
SHELL='/bin/zsh'
LOGNAME='dwn'
LC_ALL='en_GB.UTF-8'
http_proxy='http://webproxy.local:8080'
ftp_proxy='http://webproxy.local:8080'
RSYNC_PROXY='webproxy.local:8080'
CC='gcc'
CXX='g++'

# Set our priority level.
!nice(4)

# Each morning run a scan of our home directory for backup files.
%daily 30 20 find "$HOME/" \( -name \*~ -o -iname \*.bak \) -print
- -delete

# Clean out the work directory for Lazarus.
%daily 18 05 cd "$HOME/Lazarus_projects/tmp/" && for fn in *(N); do rm
- -rf "$fn"; done

# Clean out the cache subdirectories under $HOME.
%daily 28 07 cache_clean.zsh

As you can see, it establishes all the most common environment variables
before any cron job starts.
- --
Regards,

Dave  [RLU #314465]