Re: Bug in DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() with columns based on domains

От dmp
Тема Re: Bug in DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() with columns based on domains
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, dmp wrote:
>
>> The early attached file query for the column's information was from
>> the information_schema.columns table and does show the correct result
>> for the
>> salary field IS_NULLABLE.
>>

> Kris Jurka wrote:
> Thanks for the hint. Doing the same thing that the information_schema
> does was pretty easy. I've fixed this in CVS and I've also adjusted
> ResultSetMetaData.isNullable to have the same behavior. I've backpatched
> this to 8.4 because that's as far as was easy.
>
> Here's a jar you can test with:
>
> http://ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/domnn/
>
> Kris Jurka

When I looked at the code and obtained the sql that was used to get the
columns IS_NULLABLE it was clear the difference in the methods that the
JDBC and I used in my project to create table definitions. At that time
I was advised either here or in the general forum to use the Information_schema.
That way it was indicated that the table definition
generation would suffer less from internal database table changes. I
do not know if this is valid for the JDBC, but this is why I sent along
that last piece of information. MyJSQLView though limited was generating
the correct column default result for the salary field.

I will update my local copy and take a look at your changes.

danap.