Re: Building PgAdmin with a debug build

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Building PgAdmin with a debug build
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Le 23/10/2010 05:22, Peter Geoghegan a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to build PgAdmin3 from master, including a debug build.
> I resolved various packages using my system's package manager,
> including -debug and -devel packages.
>
> When, and only when I pass the --enable-debug parameter to configure,
> I invariably get this error message:
>
> ./configure -with-gtk --enable-gtk2 --enable-debug -with-wx-version=2.8
> *snip*
> checking for PQgetOutResult in -lpq... no
> checking wxWidgets version... ok
> checking wxWidgets in /usr/local... failed
> configure: error: Your wxWidgets installation cannot support pgAdmin
> in the selected configuration. This may be because it was configured
> without the --enable-unicode option, or the combination of
> dynamic/static linking and debug/non-debug libraries selected did not
> match any installed wxWidgets libraries.
>
> I thought there might be some arcane problem with my system packages,
> so I downloaded the stable release of WxWidgets-gtk
> (wxGTK-2.8.11.tar.gz), and built it successfully with a "./configure
> --enable-debug; make; make install". I then ran ldconfig.
>
> Now, I'm getting the same error message with any set of configure
> parameters at all (rather than just when I've included
> --enable-debug).
>
> How can I build pgadmin3 with debug and release builds?

You need a debug and *unicode* build of wxWidgets. So your configure
command should also contain "--enable-unicode". Mine looks like this:

./configure --with-gtk --enable-gtk2        \           --enable-unicode --enable-debug \
--prefix=/opt/wxgtk-2.8

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com