psqlODBC 09.00.0101 issue with adodb and adLockOptimistic

От Andreas
Тема psqlODBC 09.00.0101 issue with adodb and adLockOptimistic
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

PG 8.4.4 on WinXP

I recently installed psqlODBC 09.00.0101 and now a piece of access-vba
doesn't work anymore.
It's just those few lines that open recordsets for writing within my
application.

     Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset

     With rst
         .CursorLocation = adUseServer
         .CursorType = adOpenDynamic
         .LockType = adLockOptimistic
         .Open strSQL, gpgconn.objConn, , , adCmdText
     end with

It apeares there is an issue with adodb and  adLockOptimistic now.
When I switch to adLockPessimistic it works a bit better.
Now I can add a new record as well as write some values then close the
recordset.
Shortly after I need to change some data in this record so I select the
previously new created record with it's primary key and now I can write
to it again.
As soon I call rst.update an error rises "not enough data in message left"

After downgrading to psqlODBC 08.04.0200 the stuff works again.

Is this a bug or a new feature ?

Regards
Andreas