Re: web site change is broken

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: web site change is broken
Дата
Список pgsql-www
cite="mid:AANLkTi=CmcFOAo=jRJt99No8vPvPAyHPhBTbMbY9AUKJ@mail.gmail.com"type="cite"><pre wrap="">On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at
19:20,Andrew Dunstan <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:andrew@dunslane.net"><andrew@dunslane.net></a>
wrote:
On 10/18/2010 01:03 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 14:27, Andrew Dunstan <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:andrew@dunslane.net"><andrew@dunslane.net></a>wrote:

 Something has broken the web site. If I click the link on
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="http://www.postgresql.org/download/"><http://www.postgresql.org/download/></a>that says "you can browse
the
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp"><http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp></a>download
mirrors
directly, it takes me to ,
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp"><http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp></a>,
butthat page has

some gadget that takes me to a mirror it chooses after 5 seconds, even
though I deliberately chose NOT to use the automatic choice. Please fix
this.

How exactly did you choose NOT to use the automatic choice?

FWIW, you should be able to get out of your situtation by cleaning
your cookies for postgresql.org (I believe there's a specific cookie
you can find if you want to keep the others)

Previously, when I clicked the link for "download mirrors" it took me to a
list of mirrors and left me there. Now it takes me to the list of mirrors
and after 5 seconds takes me somewhere else.

Why have that link at all if you aren't allowing people to choose which
mirror they want to use?
None of that answers my question. And FWIW, that code hasn't changed
since december 2008 - are you saying that's when it broke, and you
haven't actually tried it since then, or are you claiming something
broke more recently?

said,I clicked "download mirrors" which used to work this way. Now, it's true I'm using a new browser, so maybe it only
workedthat way in my old browser. But I maintain that if you invite people to make their own choice of mirror with
thesewords: "You can download most of the software we publish from a mirror site using our <a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/">FileBrowser</a>. If you prefer, you can browse the <a
href="http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp">downloadmirrors</a> directly." then you should let them do
it.<br/><br /> I did clear a couple of cookies like you suggested and it stopped. However, as soon as I chose a mirror,
whenI went back it decided I must want to use the same mirror again and promptly took me there. I guess I could block

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: