Re: installing from source in Windows

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: installing from source in Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/17/2010 12:25 AM, Rob Sargent wrote:
> No at all familiar with MinGW, but I've done some "./configure"s in my
> time.
>
> ./configure scripts 1) check to see what the local build environment
> contains and 2) which special feature you wish to toggle.
>
> But the pretty much assume a unix-like env. Could you put cygwin on
> rather than just mingw?

While I can't speak for PostgreSQL specifically, msys rather than cygwin
is typically used for most autotools-based builds of software on Windows.

Personally I'd recommend that the OP just grab Visual Studio Express
Edition and/or the Windows SDK and compile PostgreSQL that way. See the
instructions here:

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/install-windows-full.html

It's astonishingly easy for a Windows build of any kind, let alone of a
portable autotools-based open source database.

--
Craig Ringer

Сообщение: Re: Constraint: string length must be 32 chars
Сообщение: Re: Constraint: string length must be 32 chars