Re: Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.
Дата
Re: Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.  (Radosław Smogura <rsmogura@softperience.eu>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> Please find enclosed a WIP patch from one of my co-workers
> intended to support JDBC's setQueryTimeout, along with the patch
> for JDBC that uses it.

I agree that it would be very nice to support this JDBC feature, but
I'm not clear on why this can't be done with just JDBC changes using
the java.util.Timer class and the existing Statement.cancel()
method.  Can you explain why the backend needed to be touched?

-Kevin