Re: [JDBC] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.

От Radosław Smogura
Тема Re: [JDBC] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:29:16 -0500, "Kevin Grittner"
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
>
>> Please find enclosed a WIP patch from one of my co-workers
>> intended to support JDBC's setQueryTimeout, along with the patch
>> for JDBC that uses it.
>
> I agree that it would be very nice to support this JDBC feature, but
> I'm not clear on why this can't be done with just JDBC changes using
> the java.util.Timer class and the existing Statement.cancel()
> method.  Can you explain why the backend needed to be touched?
>
> -Kevin

I sent such patch fully in Java
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2009-11/msg00010.php),
implementing cancellation with Timer and "cancel query" facility of PSQL
server, unfortunately none has revised it, even that setQuertyTimeout todo
is for long time on dashboard, and it's important for enterprise class
software.

Radosław Smogura
http://www.softperience.eu