Re: The logic behind the prepared statement in PostgreSQL

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: The logic behind the prepared statement in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
louis wrote:

> However, while tracing the call stack I found that the
> core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.sendBind method sends a query statement Name
> to PGStream, does it mean JDBC driver use the statement name to identify
> the corresponding execution plan on a Postgresql server?
> I have such assumption since PGStream seems to be the connection between
> JDBC driver and the PostgreSQL server, and I can't find other obvious
> path for JDBC code to specify an execution plan on the server side.

A Bind message associates parameter values with a previously created
statement. You probably want to read the docs that describe the FE/BE
protocol: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/protocol.html

Oliver

Сообщение: Re: The logic behind the prepared statement in PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: The logic behind the prepared statement in PostgreSQL