Re: standby registration (was: is sync rep stalled?)

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: standby registration (was: is sync rep stalled?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Another check: does specifying replication by server in such detail mean
> we can't specify robustness at the transaction level? If we gave up that
> feature, it would be a greatloss for performance tuning.

It's orthagonal.  The kinds of configurations we're talking about simply
define what it will mean when you commit a transaction "with synch".

However, I think we're getting way the heck away from how far we really
want to go for 9.1.  Can I point out to people that synch rep is going
to involve a fair bit of testing and debugging, and that maybe we don't
want to try to implement The World's Most Configurable Standby Spec as a
first step?

--                                   -- Josh Berkus                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                           http://www.pgexperts.com