Re: pgAdmin III 1.12 strange behaviour in text editing

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: pgAdmin III 1.12 strange behaviour in text editing
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Le 03/10/2010 19:16, Mauro Bertoli a écrit :
> Hi, the steps to reproduced the problem (that I think it is a dis-liked
> behaviour):
> If I select a portion of text and then press CTRL+C (copy) and then press CTRL+V
> (paste) it will paste full cell text wrapped around a double quotes, but I
> expect that paste the text I selected. If I right-click "copy" then "paste" it
> work fine.

There is a reason for that. Not sure everyone will see that as a good
reason, and I'm open to suggestion for enhancing it.

When you click on a cell and do Ctrl-C, you're in row copy mode. So you
get something like the CSV copy mode with double quotes for text values
and semi-colon between each cells (if you selected more than one cell).
You can change the double quotes and semi-colons with the options dialog
("Query Tool" tab, "Result copy quote character" and "Result copy field
separator" fields).

When you edit a cell and do Ctrl-C, you're in text copy mode, so you get
the precise text (I mean, without quotes)... but you can't copy multiple
cells this way.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com