moving development branch activity to new git repo

От Kevin Grittner
Тема moving development branch activity to new git repo
Дата
Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I just went to do my usual merge from the git version of HEAD (at
git://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git), and it seemed to be
doing an awful lot of work to prepare to attempt the merge.  That
leads me to think that the newly converted git, or a copy of it, is
now at that location, which is cool.  But I have concerns about what
to do with my development branch off the old one.
I'm afraid that in spite of several attempts, I don't yet properly
have my head around the git approach, and fear that I'll muck things
up without a little direction; and I'd be surprised if I'm the only
one in this position.
Can someone give advice, preferably in the form of a "recipe", for
how to set up a new repo here based on the newly converted repo, and
merge the work from my branch (with all the related history) into a
branch off the new repo?
Thanks for any advice.
-Kevin