Re: files under pg_clog directories are missing

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: files under pg_clog directories are missing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dinesh Bhandary wrote:
> As for the nature of the corruption I still do know know what kind of
> hardware problems led to this; it happened at one of our clients site
> and we are still waiting to find out what caused it.  One piece of
> info we got was postgres data directory turned into read only partition.

That can happen when a major disk-level problem occurs; system remounts
as read-only because it doesn't think it can safely write to it
anymore.  I'd check into the system kernel logs as soon as possible, to
try and find a disk error that kicked the whole thing off.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg@2ndQuadrant.com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us