files under pg_clog directories are missing

От Dinesh Bhandary
Тема files under pg_clog directories are missing
Дата
Re: files under pg_clog directories are missing
Список pgsql-admin
  Hello Everybody -

Due to hardware crash we ran into issues where some blocks were
corrupted and some files were missing.
I was able to get over the corrupted blocks ( errmsg - "invalid page
header in block 12345  of realtion x") by setting
zero_damaged_pages=0 and running vacuum afterwards. Now I am running
into situations where pg_clog files are missing (errmsg - "could not
open pg_clog/0D0D). I have a backup which is quite old ( considering
this as a last resort). Is there any other way to fix this problem?

I also created empty blocks to fool postgres, but there are so many of
these file missing I was wondering if there a better/faster way to fix
this problem.

Thanks.

Dinesh