Re: error while autovacuuming

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: error while autovacuuming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/10/2010 05:05 AM, tamanna madaan wrote:
> Hi David
>
> You mean to say , change the binary to postgres-8.1.21 and then restart
> postgres . that's it ?? please confirm..

Strictly, you should install the whole of PostgreSQL 8.1.21, replacing
your old installation of the older version.

Replacing just postgres.exe is unsafe. It might work, but if you don't
replace the associated DLLs and plugins it might cause problems,
possibly severe ones.

I think David's intended point was that PostgreSQL 8.1.21 is a
bugfix-only update from your old version. It introduces no new features
or unnecessary changes, and contains only fixes for bugs. It is a very,
very safe update and is well tested; it's a **LOT** safer than trying to
roll your own.

--
Craig Ringer