Re: Streaming a base backup from master

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Streaming a base backup from master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/09/10 19:09, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> IOW, what I'd like to see is protocol extensions that allow an external
>> copy of rsync to be invoked; not build in rsync, or tar, or anything
>> else that we could get off-the-shelf.
>
> I'd much rather use an existing library to implement it than call out to
> some external utility.  That said, I'm about as thrilled with libtar as
> librsync after a bit of googling around. :/

The code to build a tar archive is about 200 lines of code. The amount
of code for untar is about the same. That's about the amount of effort
We could add zlib compression since we already link with that, but
that's about it. I'm not interested in adding more infrastructure for
more tools. For more complicated scenarios, you can still use
pg_start/stop_backup() as usual, there's nothing wrong with that.

Сообщение: Re: Streaming a base backup from master
Сообщение: Re: Streaming a base backup from master