Re: Autovacuum and invalid page header

От Ireneusz Pluta
Тема Re: Autovacuum and invalid page header
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane pisze:

>> Yeah, maybe we should make it put the failed table at the end of the
>> list, for the next run.  This is not simple to implement, if only
>> because autovac workers don't have any way to persist state from one run
>> to the next.  But this kind of thing causes enough problems that it's
>> probably worth it.
>>

>> One thing to keep in mind, though, is that a persistent error in a
>> single table is enough to keep a database's datfrozenxid from advancing,
>> and thus shut down in case the wraparound horizon comes too close.  So
>> perhaps what we need is more visibility into autovacuum problems.
>>

> +1 for the latter.  A recurrent vacuum failure is something that needs
> to be dealt with ASAP, not partially-worked-around.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I am revisiting invalid page header cases due to my problem explained in
another recent post from me.
I am not tracing development process too closely. But, as I can see the
9.0 is almost out, let me ask here if this problem has been taken care of?

От: Silvio Brandani
Сообщение: Re: out of memory error
От: Ireneusz Pluta
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum and invalid page header