Re: Couple of admin Qs

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Couple of admin Qs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Lou Picciano <loupicciano@comcast.net> wrote:

> - Is there a privileges incantation which will limit a user's
> view, within a given cluster, to only those databases to which he
> can connect? Ie, he'd see only the 3 or 4 databases to which he
> has privileges? Does the privileges model permit this level of
> granularity?

No.  Perhaps some day, when we get row-level permissions....

> - Can someone point to an example of how to 'trigger' an event
> when a user logs on/off, or performs other non-data-touching
> actions, such as connecting to another database?

There might be a hook, but those aren't really covered in user
documentation, since they're intended more for people writing
features for the database itself.  I've never gone looking for
those, since I don't have an application for them, so I don't really
know.

> Can't build a trigger on a function call, right? Has to
> be based on a data change?

Well, a trigger is just a way to automatically call a function.  You
can do that within any particular function without needing to wire
it up with a trigger definition.

-Kevin