Re: Error: missing chunk number for toast value

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Error: missing chunk number for toast value
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kevin Kempter <cs_dba@consistentstate.com> wrote:

> # select * from comments;
> ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for toast value 1274882 in
> pg_toast_49234
>

> I tried this:
>
> # reindex table pg_toast.pg_toast_49234;
> REINDEX
>

> but the error still persists.
>
> Thoughts?

Your database is corrupted.  Any idea how that happened?  As with
any database corruption, I recommend you stop the server and make a
copy of the whole data directory and everything under it before any
recovery attempts.

You could zero in on the damage by selecting specific columns, and
ranges of rows.

A little more detail would be helpful.  For ideas, read this:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

-Kevin