Re: Completely un-tuned Postgresql benchmark results: SSD vs desktop HDD

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Completely un-tuned Postgresql benchmark results: SSD vs desktop HDD
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Carey wrote:
> What is the likelihood that your RAID card fails, or that the battery that reported 'good health' only lasts 5
minutesand you lose data before power is restored?   What is the likelihood of human error?

These are all things that happen sometimes, sure.  The problem with the
cheap SSDs is that they happen downright often if you actually test for
it.  If someone is aware of the risk and makes an informed decision,
fine.  But most of the time I see articles like the one that started
this thread that are oblivious to the issue, and that's really bad.

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: performance sol10 zone (fup)
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Completely un-tuned Postgresql benchmark results: SSD vs desktop HDD