Re: Regression tests versus the buildfarm environment

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Regression tests versus the buildfarm environment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 08/11/2010 09:43 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net>  writes:
>> On 08/11/2010 12:42 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> ...  However, it does seem like we ought to be able to
>>> do something about two buildfarm critters defaulting to the same choice
>>> of port number.
>> Why not just add the configured port (DEF_PGPORT) into the calculation
>> of the port to run on?
> No, that would be just about the worst possible choice.  It'd be
> guaranteed to fail in the standard scenario that you are running
> "make check" before updating an existing installation.

One of us is missing something. I didn't say to run the checks using the
configured port. I had in mind something like:
    port = 0xC000 | ((PG_VERSION_NUM + DEF_PGPORT) &  0x3FFF);

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Regression tests versus the buildfarm environment
Сообщение: Re: Regression tests versus the buildfarm environment