Re: Regression tests versus the buildfarm environment

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Regression tests versus the buildfarm environment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> A look at the code shows that it is merely trying to run psql, and
> if psql reports that it can connect to the specified port, then
> pg_regress thinks the postmaster started OK.  Of course, psql was
> really reporting that it could connect to the other instance's
> postmaster.
Clearly picking unique ports for `make check` is the ultimate
solution, but I'm curious whether this would have been caught sooner
with less effort if the pg_ctl TODO titled "Have the postmaster
write a random number to a file on startup that pg_ctl checks
against the contents of a pg_ping response on its initial connection
(without login)" had been implemented.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-10/msg00110.php
It sounds like it's related; but was curious to confirm.
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Regression tests versus the buildfarm environment
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: RecordTransactionCommit() and SharedInvalidationMessages