Re: postgres function does not handle PUBLIC - expected?

От charlie derr
Тема Re: postgres function does not handle PUBLIC - expected?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kasia Tuszynska wrote:
> Szymon,
>
> The PUBLIC role is a default, non login role, that is created with every
> postgres cluster/instance.
>
> To my knowledge PUBLIC  is a standard user in any rdbms. So, existence
> of public is not the issue here.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Kasia

Kasia,
    I think your assumption is wrong.  I've been using postgres for a lot of years and never saw a PUBLIC role created
by default in all the installations I've ever done.  It's certainly possible that various other RDBMSs may assume the
existence of such a role/user, but my experience is that the only default role in "our world" is named postgres.

    So I think this does have everything to do with your issue.  Why don't you give it a shot and try to create a user
named PUBLIC?

       good luck,
         ~c

Сообщение: Re: postgres function does not handle PUBLIC - expected?
Сообщение: Re: postgres function does not handle PUBLIC - expected?