Re: dynamically allocating chunks from shared memory

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: dynamically allocating chunks from shared memory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 08/09/2010 06:10 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> My point is that you can treat malloc the same as "add shared memory",
> to some extent, with the same limiations.

Once one of the SLRU buffers is full, it cannot currently allocate from
another SLRU buffer's unused memory area. That memory there is plain
wasted at that moment. That's my point and the problem the allocator I
posted tries to solve.

I fail to see how malloc could help here. malloc() only allocates
process-local memory.

Regards

Markus Wanner

Сообщение: Re: dynamically allocating chunks from shared memory
Сообщение: Re: dynamically allocating chunks from shared memory