Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 24, 2009, at 2:07 PM, InterRob wrote:

> I guess it IS quite overengineered indeed...
>
> What I'm trying to do is to facilitate different fieldwork
> methodologies for archaeological research (on project basis); there
> is no final agreement on data structure and semantics; however, on a
> meta-level all choices are rational and can be modelled... Infact,
> all models can be related to each other: that's where the "hybrid"
> part comes in: I wish to implement the common denominator (90%) and
> then further extend this, enabing specific data model
> implementations -- including checks for data integrity.

Have you considered a non-relational, "schema-less" database such as
MongoDB or Cassandra?  You're pretty much throwing out the relational
features of this database anyways so it seems that it would make sense
to use something more geared to that kind of work.

Erik Jones, Database Administrator
Engine Yard
Support, Scalability, Reliability
866.518.9273 x 260