The password specified does not meet the local or domain policy during install.

От David Chell
Тема The password specified does not meet the local or domain policy during install.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I am unable to install postgresql on a Windows XP machine and am wondering if anyone has struck this problem or might have an idea how to solve it.

This is a clean install, I’ve never installed postgresql on the is machine before, I have successfully installed it on another machine which is a Windows Server 2008 x64, but whenever I try to install it in the Windows XP (32) laptop I get the following error after entering the superuser/service password:

The password specified does not meet the local or domain policy. Check the minimum length, password complexity and password history requirements.

I’ve tried many combinations of passwords such as p05gr35ql.

My password policy is as follows:

Enforce history:                3 passwords

Maximum age:                  42 days

Minimum age:                   0 days

Minimum length:             6 characters

Password must meet complexity requirements: disabled

Store password using reversible encryption: disabled

Thanks for your help.

David