Re: Online backup cause boot failure, anyone know why?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Online backup cause boot failure, anyone know why?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 08/05/2010 09:19 AM, Richard wrote:
> I want to create a database backup when PG is running, so I call pg_start_backup(''), scp the data to a backup
directory,pg_stop_backup.

> Then I reboot PG , PG boot failed with log like "unexpected pageaddr X/X in log file X, segment X, offset X"  "WAL
endsbefore end time of backup dump".

> Then I check the  failure XLOG file, found the error page contains a pageaddr 8K before it should be, and the failure
XLOGrecord a  ONLINE CHECKPONT with 60 bytes in former page, the other 4 bytes missing.

> Any one met this before? Please help me!

This question really belongs on the pgsql-general list, not the -hackers
list.

If all you copied was the data directory then you haven't done this
right anyway. See
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-TIPS>

Why did you reboot postgres after taking your backup?

cheers

andrew

От: "Richard"
Сообщение: Re: Online backup cause boot failure, anyone know why?
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: ECPG dynamic cursor fix for UPDATE/DELETE ... WHERE CURRENT OF :curname