Online backup cause boot failure, anyone know why?

От Richard
Тема Online backup cause boot failure, anyone know why?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I want to create a database backup when PG is running, so I call pg_start_backup(''), scp the data to a backup
directory,pg_stop_backup.

Then I reboot PG , PG boot failed with log like "unexpected pageaddr X/X in log file X, segment X, offset X"  "WAL ends
beforeend time of backup dump".

Then I check the  failure XLOG file, found the error page contains a pageaddr 8K before it should be, and the failure
XLOGrecord a  ONLINE CHECKPONT with 60 bytes in former page, the other 4 bytes missing.

Any one met this before? Please help me!
Richard
2010-08-05