Re: killing idle attaches without killing others

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: killing idle attaches without killing others
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le 04/08/2010 16:18, Vick Khera a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Gauthier, Dave <dave.gauthier@intel.com>wrote:
>
>> How can one kill just the <IDLE> processes I see attached to a DB (from
>> pg_stat_activity) without disturbing the others?  If I need to kill the idle
>> pids one ata time, which signal_name should I use for that?
>>

> Connected to psql as a superuser, issue SELECT pg_cancel_backend(PID); where
> PID is the pid of the process to close.

pg_cancel_backend doesn't kill anything. It stops a running query. But
there isn't any here as the connection is idle.

The OP needs pg_terminate_backend, but it only appears in 8.4. The only
thing to do is to upgrade to 8.4. Or fix the software that keeps idle
connections.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Сообщение: Re: killing idle attaches without killing others
Сообщение: Re: killing idle attaches without killing others