Re: Postgresql database for distributed transactions

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Postgresql database for distributed transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
  On 08/02/10 3:49 PM, Hu, William wrote:

> Each of the mobile POS when facing the consumer needs to process at
> most 500 transactions a day.  I was hoping to use the intermittent
> network connection time to do system download to flag transactions,
> such as, stolen credit card number, etc.  And, to use the stable
> midnight network connection time to do uploads of the mobile
> transactions to the central Postgresql database.  The upload would
> require at most 600 mobile terminals times 500 transactions at most of
> 3,000,000 transactions a day in 30 minutes time frame.

fwiw, 600 * 500 is only 300,000, not 3,000,000.  Thats only 10,000
transactions/minute, 166/second, which should be readily achievable with
a reasonable DB server with the appropriate disk system.

I'm not sure how you can ensure data consistency when your POS terminals
are disconnected from each other.