Re: solaris slow

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: solaris slow
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 14:35 +0000, Felipe de Jesús Molina Bravo wrote:
> Hi

> We design  some performance tests (special for my application); this
> test was executed with pgbench:
>
>   pgbench -c 5 -T 600 -n -U aeedc -f test.sql aeespc

You noted SCSI disks on solaris. They may not have the CACHE turned on,
on the drive. The SATA drives will have cache turned on and will be
faster.

That said, your results are slow as a whole.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql database for distributed transactions
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Need help on WAL shipping