Re: Need help on WAL configure

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Need help on WAL configure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/02/10 10:38 AM, steeles@gmail.com wrote:
> Need some help to configure the WAl files shipping and restore it to the target server.here is what I configured in
thesource server. (both windows)In postgresql.conf, I enabled the following option.# WRITE AHEAD LOGfsync = on
    synchronous_commit = on      wal_sync_method = fsync   # - Archiving -archive_mode = onarchive_command = 'copy "%p"
"D:\\PG_DATA\\%f"'  #archive_timeout = 0   D drive is on the same source server ( I am also having trouble to ship it
totarget, had a network drive mapped in the source server, for some reason I couldn't get it copy over to this network
drive,so had to copy it local D drive first)....

Windows network drive mappings are on a per user session basis.    the
drives you have mapped on your desktop will NOT be available to a
service, which is probably running with different user credentials, anyways

instead, use UNC names, like \\server\sharename\path\...    and also be
sure to verify that the user the service is running as (postgres ?) has
write access to the \\server\share.   this can be pretty tricky to debug.

От: steeles@gmail.com
Сообщение: Re: Need help on WAL shipping
От: Felipe de Jesús Molina Bravo
Сообщение: Re: solaris slow