Re: Libpq on iPad?

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: Libpq on iPad?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I would have thought that only backend apps would talk to pgsql?
>
> Maybe there is a case to allow an ipad app to talk directly to a pgsql
> database? Admin work?

Postgresql is the backend. An iPad app that uses the database, needs libpq.
If you wanted to scratch the left side of your head with your right
hand, you could build a server script that a web app could talk to using
the http protocol to speak with apache, maybe even with javascript using
ajax on the client.
If you had a web server for your app and didn't want to change it, then
you wouldn't need an iPad app at all, just browser access.

Using a direct client-server model using libpq would be far more efficient