Re: pg_dump, shemas, backup strategy

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: pg_dump, shemas, backup strategy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Please note also that Red Hat has been shipping PG 8.4 for RHEL5 for
> awhile --- it's the postgresql84-* package set.  I would hope CentOS
> has copied that by now.

They have, as of CentOS's 5.5 back in May, and I keep forgetting its
there.  I'm not sure whether I like the trade-offs that come from using
that packaging in every case yet though.  The dependency issues with
httpd are particularly weird:
http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.5 (last item in
"Known Issues").  I personally would rather just replace the system
database with the newer version directly as the PGDG yums do, but you're
right that some might prefer to use the system one instead.