Re: Question about SCO openserver and postgres...

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Question about SCO openserver and postgres...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Ribe wrote:
On Jul 23, 2010, at 7:42 AM, Edmundo Robles L. wrote:

By the way i  send a mail to SCO  but  until now they don't answer to me.
Not surprising, since they've been in bankruptcy for a while now (a couple of years?) and have almost no employees left.

Right; SCO filed for bankruptcy in 2007, and it's amazing they still get people to buy their products at all.  I thought the suggestion of moving the database server to another server was the best one here.  If you have an application that must be run on SCO, hopefully the PostgreSQL part of it can at least be relocated onto another platform and system.

Talking about SCO always brings a smile to my face, as my first round of serious PostgreSQL work was funded by profits I made shorting their stock in 2003.  After reading http://perens.com/SCO/SCOCopiedCode.html and confirming the code mentioned was in my Lions commentary and "C Programming Language" books, I opened a trading account and placed my bet that they were wrong about infringement.