Re: pg_dump-restore concurrency

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: pg_dump-restore concurrency
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 21/07/10 19:26, paladine wrote:

> Hi all
> I prefer doing pg_dump - psql restore to vacuum full and
> is there anyone know whether postgresql can insert data concurrently while
> restoring a table for not losing any data.

There's no particular reason why you can't just feed a data-only dump
into psql. It should copy all that data into the table without affecting
new inserts.

If you're doing anything more complex, messing with many tables at once
etc, then just use the commands built in to PostgreSQL for the purpose.

If you don't like VACUUM FULL for some reason, you should fix your
autovacuuming so that you don't need it.

See the postgresql documentation and the wiki entries on VACUUM FULL,
autovacuum, etc.

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/