Re: pg_dump-restore concurrency

От paladine
Тема Re: pg_dump-restore concurrency
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a linux daemon that parses some datas and writes to db continuously
but my db is growing unexpectedly so I must reduce disk space once a week.
vacuum full is one solution but pg_dump-restore gives back more space to OS.
I wrote a script like this

# pg_dump db > asd.sql  (1)
# dropdb db                  (2)
# createdb db               (3)
# psql -f asd.sql -d db    (4)

PostgreSQL doc says that pg_dump doesn't lock any table but I didn't find
information about restoring dump file. My question is that while db was
processing (4) line, can my daemon continue its normal job (inserting data)