Re: Weird sorting order

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Weird sorting order
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Burgholzer, Robert (DEQ)" <Robert.Burgholzer@deq.virginia.gov>
wrote:

> This is really interesting.  Is there a way to set the locale on
> the fly for a sort?  Having looked at the docs, it appears as if
> the initDB step is the only opportunity to do so.

Starting with 8.4 you can specify it at the database level:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/sql-createdatabase.html

Peter Eisentraut is working on a way to set the collation for an
individual column or (I think) for a sort; but that won't be in 9.0.
Hopefully in 9.1....

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/1279045531.32647.14.camel@vanquo.pezone.net

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: How to move a database from HP server to Linux Server that had already one database.
Сообщение: Re: How to move a database from HP server to Linux Server that had already one database.