Re: dividing money by money

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: dividing money by money
Дата
Re: dividing money by money  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> I didn't see any discussion about why this should return float8
> rather than numeric.  It seems wrong to use float8 for this.
That discussion took place several months ago on the -bugs list.
I'll paste some links from a quick search of the archives below.
Since multiplication of money is by float8 and not numeric, it
ultimately seemed more consistent to me to have the results of
division be float8.  I felt that as long as we had a cast between
money and numeric, someone could always cast to numeric if they
wanted that style of division.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-03/msg00233.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-03/msg00241.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-03/msg00244.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-03/msg00245.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-04/msg00006.php
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: argument to pg_get_expr() must come from system catalogs
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: imessages up-date