Re: SHOW TABLES

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: SHOW TABLES
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Thom Brown wrote:

> Looks like the last time this was discussed, there wasn't any clear
> conclusion.  Someone created a patch and it's still on the TODO list:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-01/msg01845.php

This is not at all what Simon proposed. He wants to make it a backend
command, not a psql command.

I don't have a horse in the race, particularly. If we really want more
utility commands, my preference would be to concentrate on those that
are hard rather than those that could be easily done, e.g. a command
that would give you the SQL necessary to create a given object.

cheers

andrew