Re: Slow query with planner row strange estimation

От phb07
Тема Re: Slow query with planner row strange estimation
Дата
Re: Slow query with planner row strange estimation  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Dimitri a écrit :
> It's probably one of the cases when having HINTS in PostgreSQL may be
> very helpful..
>
> SELECT /*+ enable_nestloop=off */ ... FROM ...
>
> will just fix this query without impacting other queries and without
> adding any additional instructions into the application code..
>
> So, why there is a such resistance to implement hints withing SQL
> queries in PG?..
>
> Rgds,
> -Dimitri

+1.
Another typical case when it would be helpful is with setting the
cursor_tuple_fraction GUC variable for a specific statement, without
being obliged to issue 2 SET statements, one before the SELECT and the
other after.