Re: pessimal trivial-update performance

От Jesper Krogh
Тема Re: pessimal trivial-update performance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>I think that every time PostgreSQL is used with an ORM, there is a<br /> >> certain amount of multiple
updatestaking place. I have actually <br /> >> been reworking clientside to get around multiple updates, since<br
/>>> they popped up in one of my profiling runs. Allthough the time I<br /> >> optimized away ended being
both"roundtrip time" + "update time",<br /> >> but having the database do half of it transparently, might have<br
/>>> been sufficient to get me to have had a bigger problem elsewhere..<br /> >> <br /> >> To sum up.
side,elixir and sqlalchemy have an excellent way of<br /> > handling this, basically when you start a transaction,
allchanges<br /> > are accumulated in a "session" object and only flushed to the<br /> > database on session
commit(which is also generally the transaction<br /> > commit). This has multiple advantages, for instance it is
ableto<br /> > issue multiple-line statements, updates are only done once, you save<br /> > a lot of roundtrips,
etc.Of course it is most of the time not<br /> > compatible with database triggers, so if there are triggers the
Jesper<br/>

Сообщение: Re: pessimal trivial-update performance
Сообщение: Re: pessimal trivial-update performance