Re: cache lookup failed for index

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: cache lookup failed for index
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Nathan Robertson <nathan.robertson@gmail.com> wrote:

> There was a cascade effect. Apache failed which caused the server
> overall to fail. The data is stored on an iSCSI drive and the
> mount of the iSCSI drive became corrupt when everything failed. I
> was able to remount the drive and get access to data now I have
> this index error.

Now we're getting somewhere.  The disk drive "became corrupt" while
PostgreSQL was running?  Was the drive unmounted or remounted while
PostgreSQL was running, or did you stop PostgreSQL first?  Do you
have any errors in the PostgreSQL log from the time this was all
going on?

Also, how confident are you that the Apache failure caused the drive
to be corrupted?  That sounds *much* less likely than the other way
around.  Without understanding that better, fixing one particular
problem in the database on this machine might be like rearranging
deck chairs on a sinking ship.

> So, this is where I'm at. If anyone could help resolve the index
> cache error I would be eternally great full.

We'd like to help, and perhaps someone else can suggest something on
the basis of information you've provided so far, but I'm not
comfortable suggesting something without a little more of a sense of
what happened and what your configuration is.

>> Also, it would help a lot to know what your postgresql.conf file
>> contains (excluding all comments).

This would still be useful.

>> But first and foremost, you should make a file-copy backup of
>> your entire PostgreSQL data directory tree with the PostgreSQL
>> server stopped, if you haven't done that already.  Any attempt at
>> recovery may misfire, and you might want to get back to what you
>> have now.

I can't, in good conscience, recommend any recovery attempts until
you confirm that you have a copy to restore if the cleanup effort
misfires.

One more question occurs to me -- it seems unusual for someone to be
running on a single disk with no RAID and no backup, but to be
running with a version of PostgreSQL with is only about a month old.
Was 8.1.21 the version you were running at the time of the failure,
or have you upgraded during the recovery attempt?  If you've
upgraded, the version in use when the corruption occurred could be
relevant.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: cache lookup failed for index
Сообщение: Re: cache lookup failed for index