Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> It must be a setting, not a version.
>
> For instance suppose you have a session table for your website and a
> users table.
>
> - Having ACID on the users table is of course a must ;
> - for the sessions table you can drop the "D"

You're trying to solve a different use-case than the one I am.

Your use-case will be solved by global temporary tables.  I suggest that
you give Robert Haas some help & feedback on that.

My use case is people using PostgreSQL as a cache, or relying entirely
on replication for durability.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.