Re: Re: Monitoring activities of PostgreSQL ("Everlasting" function execution)

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Re: Monitoring activities of PostgreSQL ("Everlasting" function execution)
Дата
Re: Re: Monitoring activities of PostgreSQL ("Everlasting" function execution)  (Allan Kamau <kamauallan@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 16/06/10 16:56, Allan Kamau wrote:

> The function I have mentioned above seems to "hang" indefinitely (now
> 12hours and counting) while it took only 2secs for the many times it
> was previously invoked from the client application (with slightly
> different parameter value at each such time).

Is there anything in pg_catalog.pg_locks that relates to that query?

If you attach a debugger to the stalled backend and get a backtrace,
what's the output? See:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD

If you strace the problem backend, does it appear to be doing anything?

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/