Re: integer to little endian conversion

От maarten
Тема Re: integer to little endian conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello again,

I've found what I'm looking for.  I overlooked the binary string
functions which I stumbled upon just now.

The set_byte() function for binary strings is just what I needed.  The
function for those interested now becomes:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION utils.int_littleendian(v_number integer)
  RETURNS bytea AS
$BODY$
DECLARE
    v_textresult bytea;
    v_temp int;
    v_int int;
    v_i int = 0;
BEGIN
    v_int = v_number;
    v_textresult = '1234';
    WHILE(v_i < 4) LOOP
        raise notice 'loop %',v_int;
        v_temp := v_int%256;
        v_int := v_int - v_temp;
        v_int := v_int / 256;
        SELECT set_byte(v_textresult,v_i,v_temp) INTO v_textresult;
        v_i := v_i + 1;
    END LOOP;
    return v_textresult;
END;