Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria
Дата
Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria
Список pgsql-www
On 06/15/2010 07:58 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> M. Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
>>> Greg is entirely correct. We cannot export or facilitate the export of
>>> cryto code to embargoed countries, such as Syria due to US export
>>> laws. This doesn't just apply to EnterpriseDB of course, it applies to
>>> the community as well, either where our servers are in the US, or the
>>> people working on them are in the US. The penalties for ignoring this
>>> are *extremely* harsh.
>>>
>> I want to ask you a tiny question, do you agree with this policy? if yes
>> go ahead and forbid your projects but not others projects (my friend
>> from Spain be came crazy when I told him that I can access the SVN
>> because US blocked my IP).
>
> To clarify, the source code can be downloaded from anywhere.  It is only
> the one-click installer that embeds OpenSSL that is a problem.
>
> Technically the non-source code distributions of Postgres are produced
> by external groups.  The community only distributes the source code,
> though we provide links to the external groups, and we are working with
> those groups to see if we can come up with a solution.

well we have pgcrypto in the main source tarball and we are able to
distribute solaris/linux and other binaries through our mirror network
just fine (and we managed to distribute the old MSI based windows
installer als) so it seems easy enough to do the same for the one-click...

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria
Сообщение: Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria