Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > For the community it might be tricky to solve since many of the
> > servers are hosted or sponsored by US organizations. Having some
> > servers with different rules than others might complicate matters
> > significantly.
>
> The community doesn't host the mirrors, we just point to them. Aside
> from what some poeple want it to be, linking is still legal AFAIK. It
> is up to each individual mirror what they want to distribute. We've
> never had issues with that before, and AFAIK nothing has changed
> around this for many years.

I don't think we want to be pushing embargoed data to mirrors and tell
them them have to worry about it;  that might lead to us losing mirrors
and mirrors hosters feeling abused by the community.  We would need to
contact every mirror where this might be a problem, explain the issue,
and let them decide if they want those files.

But again, does a USA company have to try to prevent or report such
mirrors --- I have no idea.

http://enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria
Сообщение: Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria